What i love

  • my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ
  • to snuggle in the safety of hubby's arms
  • my kids' laughter
  • chocolate (well it's true)
  • daisies
  • candles of any kind
  • warm bubble baths

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

summertime is here!



my kids mark the beginning of summertime with the pool opening.... and it opened this weekend, so i guess at our house it is officially summer! i too ke the kids to the pool Sunday after church and they had such a good time splashing in the "baby" pool while i relaxed under the canopy and read a book...
CHelsea's gills have shown up, and she is a little fish, and wants to go everyday! I guess this is the first summer since we have lived here we will actually get our $200 bucks worth out of this pool... (we pay housing dues to use it).
We went again yesterday and i actually GOT IN!! I know hold onto your swimtrunks, i wore a bathing suit and got into the cold water (which by the way i HATE that first initial shivering jump) but after i was in, i stayed for a long time, teaching lucas to trust his floaties, and mia how to float using a noodle. we all had a great time, but were sure TIRED after we got home! Everyone went to bed early, and it was NICE for a change especially after spending the whole weekend roofing and doing yard work, we are worn out still, but are a little over 1/2 done with the roof, and plan to finish it this upcoming weekend. SO just about finished with the home makeover for a long while!

I guess that is it for this week....

2 comments:

SSgtBullsGirl said...

Meli
I'm sure you were one hot mama at the pool. Glad you and the kids are enjoying the summer.
Huggs
Le Anne

Julie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. That photo with Mia and the "noodlehead" is funny..I'm sure I'll see that on a layout soon! I wish we had a pool. I LOVE to swim and I would love to teach Jenna. She's just been in the little inflatables that we buy at Walmart.