What i love

  • my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ
  • to snuggle in the safety of hubby's arms
  • my kids' laughter
  • chocolate (well it's true)
  • daisies
  • candles of any kind
  • warm bubble baths

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

i have a new daughter!


Say HELLO to Silviya!!! She is my beautiful new daughter from Bulgaria!! We are hosting a forgien exchange student for the next 10 months... and she is settling in to our crazy hectic life! She is a quiet girl, beautiful and very affectionate. She loves the kids and they already love her too!! We are really excited to learn about her culture and language, and hope to teach her some things about our culture as well. I am sure you all will get to meet her and spend some time with her along the way... hope to introduce her to scrapping, and help her make a book to take home with her!!


So for now... off to shuttle 4 kids to 3 different schools!!

5 comments:

StephF said...

Oh my goodness! Can't believe you never leaked this info to anyone!! What a wonderful thing to do! My dad and stepmom just had a student last year from Thailand (Lena). My mom and stepdad had a German student (Julia) when I was a senior in HS. I wish you Lena success and not the stress and craziness that was Julia!! (I'll have to tell you someday!)

StephF said...

oh - and isn't it funny that Tom is the ONLY one looking at this camera! That cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mellie! :)

shawnda said...

How exciting. I had no idea you were even thinking about it. I can't wait to meet her and spend some time with you again. I miss yacking with you daily. Oh Jonathan works 2 pm to 10 pm so feel free to call me anytime, not sure what your schedule looks like this year.
Hugs and Love,
Shawnda

Julie Overby said...

I hope and pray that everything is going great with your new exchange student!! You sound like a very busy mom!!

Our computer broke down last week and I lost all my old messages and email address. Is there anyway that I could your email address again? You could email me or post it on my blog. Thanks so much Melanie!!!