What i love

  • my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ
  • to snuggle in the safety of hubby's arms
  • my kids' laughter
  • chocolate (well it's true)
  • daisies
  • candles of any kind
  • warm bubble baths

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!



Its the most wonderful season, my favorite next to Easter of course. I love everything about Christmas, the family celebrations, the wonderful worship services, the laughter, friendships, and joy that surrounds us. The star in the East, the Baby, our Lord in the manger, all of it. I believe, I BELIEVE in the wonder of Christmas. We see in our children the absolute awe of the Christmas story as we sit around the tree and pass our little wrapped baby Jesus around for each to have a turn on Christmas morning.The simple sweetness of the tradition we started a few years ago brings me to tears of joy each time. This is the feeling I want to last all year, that somehow gets lost in the middle somewhere among dentist appointments, bills and missing library books. Help me Lord to remember these moments, to bring a little bit of this wonder into each day we are given. Thank you for your Son, our Savior, for the manger and the Cross.


This month is always kinda hectic around our house, with the usual preparations for Christmas, we also have two special birthdays to celebrate. Tom on the 7th, turned 3*..... something... We love you honey, daddy!!


And Miss Mia turned 5 years old this year! Hard to believe this lil angel is already 5! I remember just a blink ago we were celebrating her first Christmas... and like most newborns, she slept thru it all! Age 5 brings on new firsts... first day of school, first lost tooth... first time to ride a bike... all these firsts, and with these, many lasts too. She is growing up so fast! My last little baby, and we are so blessed to have you! We love you sweetie girl!
Here's wishing all of you a very merry Blessed Christmas!!




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I can't believe our babies are five, almost five now! Wahhh...

shawnda said...

I love your Christmas tradition of Baby Jesus and every year I say I'm going to start something new but I get so bombarded going here and there it doesn't get done. Happy belated bday to Tom and to little miss Mia, wow she's getting so big and grown up.