What i love

  • my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ
  • to snuggle in the safety of hubby's arms
  • my kids' laughter
  • chocolate (well it's true)
  • daisies
  • candles of any kind
  • warm bubble baths

Monday, September 12, 2005

In search of pants...


Well it has come to it at last, I must go jean shopping. But first I must get something off my chest. I know I don't have a right to complain, I mean I have been the same size since High School, and graduated more years ago than I can count on both hands. And yes I know I have inherited great genetics for a youthful and pretty slender body type, and yes, I know that I am hated by many for this... But (and that is what this is really all about) i have to go buy new jeans. I have had 3 children, and things have shifted a bit. I would venture to say that my lack of exercise and non restrictive diet has had just a little to do with this. I have recently discovered the actual medical cause for my sudden and drastic (for me) weight gain, Hypothyroidism. Yep hard to believe since both of my parents have this that I would be so lucky to inherit this too (but hey it could have been much worse).
BUTT i digress, again, I must go buy new jeans, and in shopping for these new pants, I must say that it is not as much fun as it used to be.
I have discovered that I have what shall I call it multi sizing disorder of the lower extremities. That is to say that my waist is one size (which by the way I would love to actually get to wear this size) and my legs are another size, but my BUTT is yet again another size. Not necessarily compatible with today's styles. I can find jeans to fit one or two areas but not all three, and hence my dillemma. I have decided to forgo jean shopping and live in elastic waisted exercise pants (altho I will not be exercising in them unless you count running after children as exercise)
So unless i can graduate to an all around larger size, or lose about 10 lbs off my lower half, then you will know me by the cute pink exercise pants with the racing stripes down the legs as i jog on over to Braum's for some ice cream!

3 comments:

Julie said...

you are hilarious mel.

liannallama said...

oh, do I feel your pain! I hate pants shopping!

Anonymous said...

Mel...there is a reason why we wear elastic waist pants...we dont like torture....I have come to the conclusion...